Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Past Due Notice

Boy am I glad that God doesn't send out these kind of notices. Or your account is past due. I paid the price for your sins and your not doing your part. So I'm charging you interest. I'd be so far in debt, I'd never see daylight. We tend to get upset when someone owes us something,or borrows something, forgetting to return it. How could that person do that to me I'm supossed to be their friend?After all look what I've done for them. And to treat me like this.
Do we have the corner on the market of being rejected, hurt, or being used. Jesus was rejected, mocked, scorned, persecuted. But yet he paid the ultimate price for us. So how do I repay his awesome gift to me. With insecurties and doubt. Even after faithfully reading his word. My intentions are certainly good. But not in accordance with his will for me or his plan for me.
After attending a fantastic Bible Study group, I'm coming to grips with the thought. I will make mistakes, but in dealing with them and the choices I make concerning them, will either draw me closer to God, or push me farther away. It's my choice! God allows me to choose. So what do I choose? Sometimes my choices are from my head in the heat of the moment, not a good idea. Others are made after I've cried out to God for his help. Then a calmness seems to come over me, my soul is no longer in turmoil. I wander if that's how Jesus felt when he "Said it is finished".He intervenes for me to give me the answer he knows is right. And it isn't always the one I would choose. But it is the best. I praise God he doesn't let me have my way . The message he gave the day he died was your debt is "PAID IN FULL". So we will never get a past due notice, even though at times I need a past due notice to get me thinking how I fall short of God's ultimate plan for me. According to my calculations my account is delinquint, but God in his love has given me an extention to help me reach his goal for to do his work here on earth to fulfill his purpose. I just have to allow him to work in me and through me. Thank you for listening to me. This may not make any sense. But it helped me to put it on the page. If it helps someone I praise God for it.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Tami said...

When I read this and think about the advice you give friends, I am so proud of the growth you have made in the last few years. Don't doubt yourself. You are maturing. Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home