Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Faith Is Truly A Leap

I find this to be true every minute of each day. Don't you? I awake in the morning walk into the bathroom to wash my face, turn on the faucet, water comes out. I know no big deal but we have faith it will be there. Such a small thing for God. We seldom think about it until the water doesn't work. Boy what a bummer. We flip a switch and the light appears. We go to our cars but the key in the ignition, and the engine starts. We get quite upset when it doesn't. But all these little things are small leaps of faith that we never think about. We just take for granted that it will be here when needed.
Then why is it so hard to take a small leap of faith to pray for things we know may not come true? Or to pray for our own small personal needs? Is our God so big that he won't hear us ? Or are we ashamed to ask, or in my case ,I'm sure I don't deserve what God can give me, or afraid he won't give me what I ask. Do I know what God is thinking. Of course not . But fear often guides the way I ask or lack of asking for what God can or won't do for me. I guess I don't want to know what his will is for me. But than again I really do. So you ask why not take a true leap of faith. I've been asking myself the same question lately.
I'm taking one step at a time I'm learning to pray the way Jesus did. To ask even though I know the answer is no. And thanking him for that answer. If I can't be thankful for a no. Will I be thankful and happy with a yes? My heart and mind have to in the right place, with God in accordance with his word. So my motives have to be right. At times my m otives are purely selfish. Not at all what Jesus was like when he prayed for the cup to be passed. But if not the fathers will be done. That's tne truest leap of faith for the purest reason that we'll ever see. So you see for me Faith without knowing where I'll go or end up on the journey God has planned for me is truly a leap of Faith.

1 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger Tami said...

There's so much in this post, my head is swimming!!!

It helps me not to get too far ahead of myself. I tell myself to take one day at a time and pray for whatever God lays on my heart for that day. And I remember I am a work in progress. God is teaching me to trust Him more all the time. Some days I'm not crazy about the learning process, but even that is an opportunity to trust Him more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home